Your privacy on MGE’s site.
What information do we gather?
MGE collects information at its site in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to sign up to attend a seminar), and (2) indirectly (for example, through our site’s technology). Any information that relates to or identifies you is treated by MGE as “personal data.”
We may collect and process the following information:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering for a seminar, purchasing a product, requesting information about employment opportunities, subscribing to newsletters and alerts or requesting further information. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an MGE site.
• Our site collects information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
How do we use information that we collect from the site?
MGE does not collect, sell, rent or otherwise distribute email addresses or any other personal data.
We use the personal data in connection with providing services offered on the site, for example, to register you for seminars, deliver books and other materials purchased on our site, process requests for employment information and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
• To fulfill your requests for articles, newsletters or other content or information
• For surveys or research questionnaires
• To notify you about our products and services and special offers
• To personalize your site experience
• To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site, to identify ways to improve our site and to determine how to tailor our site to make it more effective.
Will we share your personal data with outside parties?
MGE will not sell or intentionally share or otherwise disclose personal data to third parties for profit. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers in connection with the administration of our site or in some cases to send marketing information or other mailings to you.
There will be other times, however, when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
• We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the event all or a part of MGE is sold, merged or is otherwise transferred to another entity, in which case the information you have provided through the site may be transferred to such entity as part of that transaction.
• We may disclose your personal data as described to you at the point of collection or in accordance with your consent.
What about sensitive personal data?
What about data security?
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via MGE’s site. You should understand, however, that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Further, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy. You agree not to hold us liable for damages caused by parties who improperly or illegally access and/or disclose your information.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can request this information by using the Contact MGE form located on our website.
You can exercise your right to discontinue receiving our marketing communications at any time by using the Contact MGE form located on our website.
This site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and no information should be submitted by any child younger than 13 years of age. MGE does not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years of age or use such information for marketing or promotional purposes. Personal data submitted by any child under 13 years of age will be deleted from our database upon notification.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please contact us using the Contact MGE form located on our website.
Last updated Jan 7, 2014