Learn the keys a successful owner-doctor + associate-doctor relationship!
Adding an associate doctor can be the best or WORST thing you’ve ever done for your practice. Find out how to do it RIGHT!
Got questions about hiring or integrating an associate doctor?
- “How should I pay them?”
- “Where do I find a good associate doctor?”
- “How do I integrate them?”
- “Which procedures should they do?”
- “How should I turn patients over to them smoothly?”
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
CE Credits: 4.5
MGE: Management Experts, Inc. is an approved AGD provider of Continuing Education. This seminar is being given 100% free of charge, and you have no obligation to purchase anything upon attending.
**The doctor may bring up to two staff to the seminar. However, any staff members in attendance must be accompanied by the doctor/practice owner.**
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 4/1/2016 to 3/31/2021. AGD ID #305927 SUBJECT CODE 550 METHOD Lecture
Morning Program: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch Break: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Special Presentation: 12:00pm - 12:15pm (attendance optional)
- Timing: How to determine when to add an associate – adding one too early can be a financial hemorrhage,
but waiting too long can cost you productivity and profit.
- The Right Fit: Determining the scenario that will best fit your needs – are you looking for a partner, full-
time associate, part-time, etc.?
Afternoon Program: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
- Presentation by Dr. Winteregg about MGE & MGE services.
- Hear from current MGE clients about the MGE Program.
- Associate Compensation Plans: We’ll show you several and how to determine which one works best for you.
- Finding An Associate: Seven ways to find potential prospects .
- The Interview process: The four key points to help you see if they are an appropriate fit for your office.
- Integrating Your New Associate: Getting them productive quickly, transitioning patients from doctor to
associate, and quality control.
- The Ongoing Relationship: How to crunch the numbers to ensure the relationship stays productive
"Shortly after becoming a client of MGE, I quickly expanded to the point of needing an associate to assist me with the increased production. MGE helped me choose which media to advertise in and what to include in the ad to attract the right candidates. With MGE’s guidance, finding a great associate took no time, and they also helped me lay out the business relationship. The vetting process was easy because I knew what to look for and what pitfalls to avoid. I have now had this associate for three years and it has been a mutually beneficial relationship." — William Nerestant, DDS
"The training I received from MGE gave me an understanding of what it takes to bring on an associate. Not only
how to make the owner/associate relationship profitable, but also how to effectively integrate an associate into the practice so they really become part of the team. The training also helped me to establish systems in my office to enhance my associates’ clinical knowledge as well as their patient relation skills. MGE training has been a vital component in our expansion - I now have 13 associates and one partner between my four locations and the arrangement works beautifully." — Abe Gershonowicz, DDS